Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FEAST OR FAMINE

FEAST OR FAMINE 25 Sep 2005 01:30 #10928

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Now that summer has ended and we have moved into the doldrums of early fall, there is suddenly a glut of good to excellent pictures available which have potential for a wide age spread audience... Unfortunately, they are all competing for much the same patrons in a soft demand period, and most will never realize their full potential, meaning they will likely be rushed to ancillary markets sooner than they might otherwise have been... On my one screen there is no way I'll be able to play all the pictures I'd like to show before they go to DVD release... In some respects this is an enviable situation, and insures me a supply of desireable pictures for some time to come (at least until DVD release,) but after a summer notable for the un-remarkable mediocrity of the available pictures, it's really sad to have to pass on films I'm sure would play well and make money IF I were able to mix and match without the pressure of having to try to play it before it's available at Wal-Mart... Even more frustrating is the certainty that I'll end up having to play other pictures I'd rather not even play just because they're all that's available at the time... Therein lies one of the worst ramifications of the rush to early DVD release, it cripples and limits the potential to play certain films later, or as a re-release... And distributors all seem hellbent to release similar themed pictures at the same time as their competition, which reduces the potential for all... Guess I should be thankful that there's finally something worthwhile available at the moment, but it DOES seem that it's always feast or famine...

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FEAST OR FAMINE 25 Sep 2005 09:04 #10929

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Well said, Roxy. There is a BUNCH of movies coming out in October that appear to all be after the same movie patrons:

In Her Shoes
Elizabethtown
Prime
Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio
Little Manhattan
The Family Stone

I plan on getting them but spreading them out as much as I can by inserting a kid flick in between (Wallace & Gromit or Dreamer) or an action flick (Zorro).

Here's hoping I don't burn out that audience segment.

[This message has been edited by leeler (edited September 25, 2005).]
"What a crazy business"

Re: FEAST OR FAMINE 25 Sep 2005 12:04 #10930

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I am just glad I will finally have some potential revenue-generating, well-done, entertaining product to chose from soon. I am almost embarrassed to open for some of the movies I have been showing lately.

Re: FEAST OR FAMINE 25 Sep 2005 16:06 #10931

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Thank you leeler, for the compliment, however I didn't say it, although I could have. Let's face it, outaframe and myself are usually pretty much on the same page... so I suppose reading any of our postings could easily be taken for one another.

Re: FEAST OR FAMINE 25 Sep 2005 16:21 #10932

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Ooooopppps!

"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction