Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reopening Temple

Reopening Temple 25 Aug 2005 12:26 #10836

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We temporarily closed the Temple April 8 to sell it and will reopen it Sept 16 or 23. Aside from the flakey tirekicking wannabebutneverwill.....We've had a serious buyer every inch of the way, many of them, and are negotiating with 3 right now, but winter is coming and the fuel bill says: open! Okay. if you have not taken the 360 degree tour at www.Templemovies.com you should see it. We have had huge interest in the property besieds the theatre building and operation with a serious line up of players who want to coordinate development. We'll keep you posted. We have hired a new manager and are working toward that re-opening day. We'll keep you posted.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reopening Temple 09 Sep 2005 13:22 #10837

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Mike

Had a look. You have done a great job with 360 degree views, makes you really get a feel for the town and cinema as if you were there.Good luck with the reopening.

Re: Reopening Temple 09 Sep 2005 20:25 #10838

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Mike,

The people in Houlton must be thanking God for answering there prayers and re-opening the theatre.
You have made such a diffrence in that town and I am sure you will do very well in the re-opening!
Good luck on a smart decesion! It is easier to sell a operating theatre than a dark one!

Phil

Re: Reopening Temple 09 Sep 2005 21:00 #10839

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey - whatever works - I'm a bit unsure about the method here ... close during the summer months ... open for the fall ... but I guess you know your market best ...

Re: Reopening Temple 10 Sep 2005 18:55 #10840

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We have one serious offer in hand and are waiting for the other two to come in. There is really exciting stuff going on and when it falls in or out I'll post it. Our idea in closing was simple: to create a really big noticible event and let people know it is not just for sale but FOR SALE! and it will sell soon!!! SO ACT NOW!!!!! Exactly five months later I have more than 1/2 a big one in play and a variety of people/concepts/and plans to negotiate with. Plus: worse case scenario is I have hired a great new manager and we're interviewing new staff and are feeling excited, new platter is in, new alarm system, video monitoring added, and we will be open Sept. 23. Not 16th.

One thing I learned a long time ago is when you are dealing with people who are on the ground, with everything to win or lose, and they have experience and smarts, give them the respect that they might have a plan and the ability to execute it.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction