Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby 90/10...another one from the newbie
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 90/10...another one from the newbie

90/10...another one from the newbie 25 Aug 2005 12:07 #10818

• cinemafan
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I understand how 90/10 is calculated, etc.

I'm still a bit fishy on when it comes into play. As I understand it...you only owe 90% when FILM X, all by itself, covers your entire weekly expenses. Is this correct?

In other words...as long as you show other films, 90/10 isn't hurting you so bad...

I take it that for the smaller houses it is rare for one film to cover the costs of operation for an entire week.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 90/10...another one from the newbie 25 Aug 2005 12:16 #10819

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
In 11 years at 2 theatres the 90/10 has kicked in less than a dozen times. Get your house nut up as high as you can then fugettaboutit. You'll be paying percentages most of the time.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: 90/10...another one from the newbie 31 Aug 2005 13:04 #10820

• RonOne50
  • Senior Boarder
90/10 has nothing to do with the total operating cost of the theater. 90/10 is used when the take to the film company is higher by you paying 90% of the ticket price -house allowance given to you than the x% of that week’s payment to the film company.

In other words if you owe more with no house allowance being used at 70% than you would owe with you getting house allowance and paying 90% on the remaining income for that particular show.

I have never done the calculation but the film company does every week they will let you know when you should have paid 90/10 insted of lets say 70%.
Quentin: Of course a woman is going to kill me. I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction