Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stealth vs. spin

Stealth vs. spin 12 Jul 2005 12:44 #10610

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I am a bang-bang, military, guns blazin', conflagration kind of guy so I always have to check my impulses at the booking door. Stealth. I liked what I saw at Show West last March. What I found pretty bogus was the angst ridden part when the pilots are wringing their hands over "innocent" victims as they do a bombing run. It really felt like some kind of "are we not good" propaganda. I know a few pilots and they said they just don't think about it, they're after the point they drop the bomb, and that choosing bombing locations are way beyond their pay grade. And: there is so much "collateral" damage in the type of warfare practiced today in Iraq and Afghanistan I would have felt better if they would have just spared us the preachy parts in Stealth.

Audiences are made up of the public and the public is very mixed on war fighting these days. Is the pic going to suffer because of this?

WW2 and Korea had plenty of movies that came out both during and immediately after. Vietnam was pretty much bone dry for a long time after the Duke's Green Berets as we just did not know what to make of it.

Gulf War 1: one movie. 3 Kings and it was a good one I thought.

Iraq: we have yet to see anything but docu's and so far they are more and better than anything any other war has seen.

I hate to bring it up but there is a war on. A lot of people on both sides are dying.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stealth vs. spin 12 Jul 2005 21:08 #10611

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Stealth isn't generating much buzz here, either.... and conflagration usually plays pretty well at my place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction