Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Free Standing Posters
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free Standing Posters

Free Standing Posters 27 Dec 2000 14:22 #1050

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I curious to find out what you all think of Free Standing Posters. My lobby isn't that big and whenever I try to put them up the always get banged into or even sometimes knocked down. I have all the posters and display casses to show them in, both on the outside and the inside of the theater. So do you think it takes away from business by not putting the free standers up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Free Standing Posters 28 Dec 2000 10:54 #1051

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
You clearly need a big lobby for these "lobby displays" which are known as a "standee" to work. We find that they absolutely help create the image that a film is a "must see". However; they can be very high-tech to assemble; did anyone get the first Toy Story!!!!!!! That said, I always feel that anything that connects our smaller theatre to the big theatre world is a plus. So we get what we can and use what we can and we open a lot of movies (as best you can with a 3 screen!) and people are always surprised that we've got what we do when we do. Standee's help that image. And they're free!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Free Standing Posters 02 Jan 2001 22:16 #1052

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
My lobby is extremely small. I have only had the privilege of getting a couple standee's. But the other day I got the big Tom Hanks "Castaway" standee in the mail. Darn that thing is BIG. It took three days to put together and I had to go the the hardware store twice to buy more screws. Then I had to put it in the auditorium because it was way too tall and big for my lobby. Standees are cool. But who designs those things?

Re: Free Standing Posters 03 Jan 2001 13:26 #1053

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess like everything else the standees are made for the big lobbies of the cineplexes. We little guys have to do the best we can with the room we have. I agree with BurneyFalls, they can be a bear to put together sometimes. I've found myself wondering if the give classes on assembly!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction