Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Feast or famine!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Feast or famine!

Feast or famine! 02 Jun 2005 11:51 #10445

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
So here we are. From nothing good to too much that is good. We can't open all the good movies that are playing and new ones are pushing good films out the door. Oi vey!

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Feast or famine! 02 Jun 2005 11:59 #10446

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
amen, brother!

I am thankful I have only one screen in April & May and October & November but I wish I had more the other times. Geez. I am going to get a backlog going to bridge that gap this fall then I'll empty it out by December when everything starts up again. What a crazy business!
"What a crazy business"

Re: Feast or famine! 11 Jun 2005 20:12 #10447

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Someday, maybe, the studios and the folks who run them will realize that there is a movie audience seven days a week, 52 weeks per year, 365 days per year and learn to even out the product flow to a reasonable level. The artfilm world is no better at this than the big studios. It's either a whole bunch a movies not working or a bunch of movies that are all working and you end up in a crunch. Feast or famine. If studios were run by people who had been exhibitors for a while, things might be different, but I doubt that will ever happen. Meantime, I can dream.

Re: Feast or famine! 13 Jun 2005 17:57 #10448

• onourown
  • Junior Boarder
Mike, remember the movie we're distributing (Facing the Giants). We've secured a company that will be booking the theaters, starting regionally in Atlanta and a couple other smaller markets in Georgia. Based on the release schedule of movies coming up and some of the posts I've read...it looks like middle of September would be better than October.

Remember this is a football movie and we'd like it to track with the football season. Would you and others let me know if September is better than October to book our film...from a Feast or Famine perspective. Thanks.

Chris
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction