Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby For excellent service we use....
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: For excellent service we use....

For excellent service we use.... 28 Dec 2000 11:15 #1032

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Way up here in Maine we don't have many choices when stuff breaks! We have a couple of talented guys on staff (one who used to fix hearing aids and has an affection for model trains!) but when stuff goes bad we call Boston Light And Sound in Brookline Mass. They are incredibly professional and helpful and make a weekend in Las Vegas look like a cheap date: no two ways they are expensive. But: they do the work right. Our / thei repair guy Bill Templeman is a prince and a techie from way-way-way back who can do ANYTHING! Fear not to call Boston Light and Sound. Who do you use?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: For excellent service we use.... 30 Dec 2000 00:57 #1033

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
We use American Cinema Equipment in Portland, OR. Scott Hicks and Co. have saved my ass more times than i can count. I recently lunched the flexible coupler between my RCA 9030 and its motor. Emailed Scott that night (after getting thru the rest of the show using cable ties . . . long story), the next day got a temporary fix from the motor rebuilders in town, the next day a good used coupler arrived from Scott. I don't shop around on price because if i pay a little more today, tomorrow i know he'll fix it. He advertises in bigscreenbiz classified or you can call him at: 503 285 7015.

In Everett, WA is Cin-Tronics. They have helped me find parts for my old stuff when American Cinema's stock won't go back that far. I don't have their number, but they're in the book. BTW, I'm always in the market for good modules (or a rebuilder) for the AW-2 platter . . .
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction